Friday, April 17, 2009

Does any one know a good carpet cleaner ?

We started the potty training thing again I mark this as attempt #3. I think she is really ready this time. She comes and tells me when she needs to go but then she just sits there holding it. Sometimes she holds it so bad that she shakes and cries. I think she is scared to let it go. I don't know I could be doing this completely wrong and permanently damaging the child or maybe this is normal. She has made it to the potty on time but mostly it has been almost on time! :/
I came down stairs to check on her and this is how I found her. Wearing her high heals and talking on the phone. (I don't know where she learned that I never talk on the phone when I pee!)
She is so funny she not only has to have her princess potty but she also has to have her Lightening McQueen potty on top. I guess it is just to hard to pick just one.


I guess I will just keep trying with her. I am really getting tired of cleaning up messes so if you have any amazing secrets please tell me!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha I love it, she had to learn about sitting on the pot with phone in hand decked out in her fancy lady attire from somebody and I'm betting it wasn't Chris;)

Bryn said...

That picture is a classic. Well, as far as potty training goes, I went with the potty training in one day method, that I learned from a friend and it did the trick for both my girls. Good luck with that, it's never easy.

Beau and Candace said...

Good luck! I think I finally got Gavin trained now. I went shopping with him and picked out his favorite treats and juices. So I filled him up with his juices and then when he would make it to the potty I would give him a treat. He caught on really fast he got treats when he made it in the potty. I made several attempts with Gavin too, so I know how you feel, but they get it pretty fast once they caught on.

Elena said...

My only advice is - if it's hard she's not ready. When they are ready, it won't be a huge issue. Having said that, I understand the frustration of knowing that your child is ready but the child doesn't get it. We pushed Garrett and he started stuttering. After that, I just let them do it on their own time and it worked. All of mine have been ready a few months after they turned 3. But some aren't ready by then - and some are ready way earlier. Once Jake was ready he only had 1 accident. He pretty much did it himself.

Unknown said...

The joys of potty training...

I always liked to read to stories to Van on the potty. She usually would sit there long enough, get comfy, and then go! ;) Other than that when she is ready she will just do it.