Monday, August 2, 2010

Ava's New Look

Ava's Glasses 012
Ava finally got her glasses today!!! We are not sure if she likes them yet. I have found them all over the house, car, and even caught her trying them on her cat.

I know that I may be biased because I am her Mommy, but I think she looks adorable in them!
(she wouldn't look at the camera unless we asked her to show us the toy lizard)

Ava's Glasses 023

I am so happy that she can finally see! It broke my heart to find out that she could not see very well.
Here is the story of what happened if you don't already know it

Her left eye started to turn inward so we took her to a pediatric eye doctor. He told us that in her left eye(the one that was turning in) she could not see close or far away and her right eye also had some issues. They are going to try the glasses first and if that doesn't correct it then they will try a patch or surgery. I am just so relieved to know that she is seeing better. I hated watching her struggle and rub her little eye trying to make it see right.


Ava's Glasses 031

We love you Ava Jean and you look beautiful!!!

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

I'm so glad Ava can see good now, and you're right! She is beautiful, with or without the glasses! I think Kristy's little girl, Sydney, looks like Ava. So, cute!!!

Cherish said...

Oh...she makes me smile! So cute...

Analeis Paul said...

She is so adorable! I love the little glasses:)