Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shooting in the West Desert

Our family loves to go up the hills on the west side of Utah lake and go shooting. The girls think it's so fun to drive on the bumpy dirt roads. Every time we hit a bump it didn't matter if it was big or small Myla would say "Wow, that was a big one."
Myla Especially loved jumping around in the bed of Dad's truck.
Ava really liked finding all of the rocks, sticks and dirt in the back of Daddy's truck to eat. I don't know why, but both of my kids have loved to eat dirt and rocks. Myla once took a handful of dirt out of a potted plant and just ate it. At first I thought well maybe she doesn't know that it's gross, but no she liked it and kept trying to get more. I don't know maybe they need more vitamins and minerals:)
It was really windy when we got there, but the girls didn't seem to mind too much. Ava just kept making her funny scrunch up her nose face every time the wind hit her.
Chris talked me into shooting his 30-30 for the first time. He kept calling me a pansy so I just decided to do it. I love to shoot the 22 because it doesn't kick at all, but the 30-30 was a whole other story. I think that was my first and last shot using the 30-30. At least Chris can't say that I didn't try it once:)
When it got too windy to shoot anymore we decided to go farther up the hill on a little drive. It was a really pretty view of the lake and all of Utah County.
It was a really steep drive. This is the view looking straight down out of the truck.

We found this really neat little arch. It was about six feet high by about six to eight feet wide. You never know what you will find out in the west desert.

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

They look so cute!!!! And you look so skinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wootton's said...

The girls are adorable! Dad would be so proud of you with that big old gun! Just so you know we changed our blog you can find us here .http://jkwootton.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

NO wonder it hurt Cami ya gotta tuck it in your armpit/shoulder and hold it tight:) I know these things cuz I have my own rifle now ha ha looks like ya had fun though. Is that the same place you guys took us that one time?

Morgan said...

Looks like fun! Mandy likes shooting the .22 as well. Can't wait to see you guys this summer....

Jeff and Mandy