Friday, October 29, 2010

The Great Surprise of 2010

If you haven't heard our big news yet, it is that our one baby has now turned into two babies!!!!!

Yes, we are having TWINS and much to Chris's delight they are both BOYS!

My whole pregnancy I have been super sick and I couldn't hold food or water down for most of it. With both of my girls I got pretty sick so we just thought that I was getting worse with each child. When we went in for our 11 week checkup the doctor listened for the heart beat and I guess when she heard one heart beat she just stopped looking. Anyways last week I got sick with the flu and had to go in for another IV because I was getting super dehydrated. The doctor on call decided to to check the heartbeat to make sure the baby was doing OK since I had been so sick. She found it but just keep moving the monitor around my stomach with out saying anything. I didn't think anything of it until she asked if twins run in our family! I immediately said yes and WHY? (my oldest sister has fraternal twins) She then said she thought that she heard two heartbeats and that they were going to do an ultrasound.
As soon as they started the ultrasound I saw both of there heads and I knew it was twins. We are sooooo excited and can't believe that we just doubled our children :)

The best part for me is they said I was a week farther along than they thought and with twins 37 weeks is full term. Which means I get to knock a whole month off of my pregnancy and I am now due at the end of March!


The first picture is looking down on both of their little heads and you can kind of see their arms a little.
Twins

Baby A
Baby A

Baby B
Baby B

March can't come soon enough :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either!!!! I'm so excited...but a lil scared to ever get pregnant again with the amount of twins that are popping up lately in our family:) I told Levi that since you get 2 babies that means I get a puppy...since I only got 1 baby I think that sounds fair. Love you guys!!!!

Mikelle and Ben said...

Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! That's awesome.

Cherish said...

Count me in as your "standby" nanny. I am so excited for you guys! I know we already talked about it...but I think about you every day! Please let me know what I can do to help you guys. (now and after they are born) I still can't belive it!!!!!! YIPPEE!

Kimberly said...

WOW! Congratulations! It is always good to find out that there is a reason for all of the sickness! I hope you are doing well and I hear ya on March cannot come soon enough!